VIRTUAL CONFERENCE: CRITICAL ROLE OF CLINICAL LABORATORIES IN THE COVID-19 PANDEMICIFCC GLOBAL CONFERENCE ON COVID-19
IFCC Scientific Symposia will be presented in the morning.
Afternoon will be mostly dedicated to industry Educational Workshops.
TIME SCHEDULE: PROGRAMME WILL START AT 08.00 AM, US EASTERN TIME
(CORRESPONDING TO: 14.00 ROME; 21.00 BEIJING)
All sessions will be recorded and fully available for registered people.
Value & Impact of Clinical Laboratories in the COVID-19 Crisis
IFCC TASKFORCE ON COVID-19 – UPDATED GUIDELINES & FUTURE DIRECTIONS
Update from the IFCC COVID-19 taskforce on their most recent updated guidelines on laboratory biosafety and testing modalities, new initiatives and planned future directions
CLINICAL LABORATORY EXPERIENCE IN COVID-19 – GLOBAL PERSPECTIVES
Presentations from representatives of 6 regional federations across the world on their experience in COVID-19 testing and management
COVID-19 MANAGEMENT – FOCUS ON PUBLIC HEALTH AND REGULATION
Presentations from key public health and regulatory authorities (e.g. WHO, CDC, FDA) and panel discussion on COVID-19 management from a public health and regulatory perspective
TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENTS IN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19
Scientific and industry presentations on in vitro diagnostics (latest advances in molecular diagnostic assays, serological and antigen assays, and biochemical/hematological testing of hospitalized patients), POCT new advanced therapeutics and vaccine development and planned implementation.
BREAKOUT SESSIONS (OCCUR CONCURRENTLY)
Invited experts from around the world in key areas of interest. Draft potential sessions include:
• Antigen and Molecular Testing: Supplement or Replacement?
• Serology Testing and Immunity: What’s next?
• Encountered Pre-analytical and Analytical issues: What to watch out for
• Role of Biochemical and Hematology testing in novel treatment monitoring
• Pediatric management of SARS-Cov2 viral infection or exposure and multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children
• Laboratory Management and Laboratory Safety
• Analytical and Clinical Validation Methods; Relationship between prevalence and test performance
• Therapeutic drug monitoring (e.g., anticoagulants, antiplatelet agents, etc) and drug interferences
• Point of care or Home testing
• Models for predicting positivity and severity
MORE INFORMATION: https://www.ifcc.org/media/478682/secondannouncement_3nov.pdf